Insights into the dementia apps landscape
Dementia Apps Rating Map
Last year the dementia app market was an estimated £1.5 billion. With an ageing population, concerned about its cognitive decline, this figure is set to be significantly bigger this year. But the most popular often aren’t the best apps.
ORCHA has reviewed more than 40 of the market’s most downloaded dementia apps, looking at more than 160 criteria across three main components: Data Security (DS), Clinical Assurance (CA) and User Experience (UX).
To reveal the results, we’ve plotted their results in a 3D chart (above).
This reveals 5 key takeaways:
1. Amongst the apps that scored above our quality threshold, there were two outlying apps, DST Dementia Test and Health Assessment from Quealth, which scored well across all three dimensions.
2. Interestingly, Although Constant Therapy achieved the highest Clinical Assurance (50) it scored significantly lower than the two top scoring Apps due to poor scoring in Data Security and User Experience.
3. No app yet achieves an ORCHA score over 84%, meaning there is still scope in this market to enhance existing apps or launch a new product that will meet the market’s demands.
4. Just over half of the apps do not meet our quality threshold (Amber) and have areas that need addressing, primarily around Clinical Assurance.
5. One app out of those reviewed, EA reminder, showed significant usability and data security issues that question its efficacy or safety, giving it a red score.
To explore our 3D chart, click here.
Or to read our dementia app reviews, follow this link.
HIMSS 22, Orlando: ORCHA discusses how to deliver safe digital health
ORCHA is delighted to have been part of HIMSS 22, which took place in Orlando from 14-18 March 2022. The event brought members of the healthcare ecosystem together from all over the world to consider how people, technology and best practices can advance healthcare
Founded by NHS clinicians, ORCHA is the world’s leading digital health evaluation and distribution organisation. We provide services to national health bodies across three continents, including the NHS in 50% of UK regions, delivering national accreditation frameworks, bespoke Digital Health Libraries, and professional recommendation tools, specific to the needs of our clients. ORCHA’s unique Review Engine assesses digital health solutions against more than 300 measures across Clinical/Professional Assurance, Data & Privacy, and Usability & Accessibility, plus additional criteria depending on needs.
See how ORCHA works
Discover how our services, including Reviews, Digital Health Libraries, and market intelligence reports, can work for your specific needs.
Your Health and Care App Library
Search ORCHA’s App Library, featuring thousands of independent app reviews across a broad spectrum of health conditions. Every app is evaluated against more than 300 measures across Clinical/Professional Assurance, Data & Privacy, and Usability & Accessibility, making it easy for you to find the best apps for your needs.