The most significant market developments from the past month
February/March News Digest
Our team of experts continually monitor, assess and ask questions, so they can give consumers, professionals and health and care bodies across the world accurate, impartial and up to date advice on finding the best apps.
Here, we pick the most significant market developments from over the past month:
- mHealth 2030 Report – 10 years ago, the iPhone was just 3 years old, only 25% of us owned a smartphone, and the term mHealth was first coined. We asked worldwide leaders from across mHealth: what will the next decade bring? What will apps deliver by 2030? What will be the biggest barriers faced by the industry? Click here to read the report.
- Humber Launches Health & Care App Library – ORCHA has partnered with NHS organisations across the Humber to launch the Humber Health App Store, designed to help local residents find clinically assured, safe and secure apps to help monitor their health and well-being. Read more here and access the App Library at https://humber.orcha.co.uk/.
- Digital Health Hubs – Good Things Foundation is running a three-year programme called Widening Digital Participation funded by NHS Digital, creating better health for a divided nation through their new Digital Health Hubs. Hear more in this video and learn about how Good Things Foundation are doing co-design in health by clicking here.
- Picking the right healthcare app – the data science way – We are working with the Hartree Centre to explore data-driven techniques to speed up our mHealth App Review process, such as automating the data collection process. Read more about our approach and access the full case study by clicking here.
- Which FemTech Apps can you Trust? – With only 15% of femtech apps meeting quality thresholds, which ones can be trusted? Take a look at our article on identifying safe, clinically assured femtech apps, published by Medical Plastics News, by clicking here.
HIMSS 22, Orlando: ORCHA discusses how to deliver safe digital health
ORCHA is delighted to have been part of HIMSS 22, which took place in Orlando from 14-18 March 2022. The event brought members of the healthcare ecosystem together from all over the world to consider how people, technology and best practices can advance healthcare
Founded by NHS clinicians, ORCHA is the world’s leading digital health evaluation and distribution organisation. We provide services to national health bodies across three continents, including the NHS in 50% of UK regions, delivering national accreditation frameworks, bespoke Digital Health Libraries, and professional recommendation tools, specific to the needs of our clients. ORCHA’s unique Review Engine assesses digital health solutions against more than 300 measures across Clinical/Professional Assurance, Data & Privacy, and Usability & Accessibility, plus additional criteria depending on needs.
See how ORCHA works
Discover how our services, including Reviews, Digital Health Libraries, and market intelligence reports, can work for your specific needs.
Your Health and Care App Library
Search ORCHA’s App Library, featuring thousands of independent app reviews across a broad spectrum of health conditions. Every app is evaluated against more than 300 measures across Clinical/Professional Assurance, Data & Privacy, and Usability & Accessibility, making it easy for you to find the best apps for your needs.